donderdag 29 maart 2012

Anna Koosje in Rotterdam

In about a week Ellen and I will board the Anna Koosje near the German border for the second week of her voyage to the Black Sea. I was not expecting to see her before but, after a day of meetings in Rotterdam last week, as I was walking past the marina, I stumbled upon her.


She certainly is a beautiful barge and looks very much like the péniches I used to see in my youth cruising the Seine in Paris, except that she wears a much cleaner and brighter layer of paint and does not carry heavy loads of bulk cargo but rather people who want to chill out in good company on leisurely river cruises.


I cannot wait to get acquainted with the Anna Koosje and her crew, and to cruise on the Rhine to discover a region of Europe yet unknown to me. I will report here my impressions of the trip.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.